On the Journey

A journey through the world, through a small 27 year time span, and more importantly towards the beckoning yet elusive heart of God

3.13.2006

So sometimes, especially when I am sitting in airports, I like to make lists. It is a fun way to think back on my life and to pass the time. Occasionally on here I would like to post these lists from my journal.

Today’s list: airports I have flown out of (or into)

United States:
Traverse City, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Detroit, Cincinatti, Cleveland, Dallas, Atlanta, Nashville, Memphis, Miami, NY-JFK, Chicago O'Hare, LAX, San Diego

Europe:
London Stansted, London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Amsterdam Schiphol, Berlin Tegel, Berlin Schoenefeld, Muenchen, Frankfurt am Main, "Frankfurt" Hahn, Nimes, Beauvais, Klagenfurt, Pescara, "Stockholm" Skavsta, Riga, Vilnius, Warsaw Chopin, Prague, Kyyiv Borispil', Keflavik, Istanbul Ataturk, Tallinn Ulemiste, Helsinki Vantaa, Dublin, Tbilisi

Others:
Belize Ladysmith, Corozal, San Pedro (Belize), Monterrey, Brisbane, Sydney Kingford Smith, Townsville, Taipei, Tokyo Narita

As you can see I spend way too much of my life in airports (49 and counting). They are a good place to people watch, and to journal, and to spend way too much money on food of dubious quality. But usually they mean that you are on your way somewhere interesting. I think an airport sums up the stange mix of loneliness and adventure that is travelling.

Favorite airport: Amsterdam Schiphol- the whole word is literally passing before your eyes.

Airport I hate most: "Frankfurt" ghetto- Hahn. Unfortunately this is the airport i am most likely to often see in my near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home