On the Journey

A journey through the world, through a small 27 year time span, and more importantly towards the beckoning yet elusive heart of God

4.11.2006

So today i got word from YUST university in C_, that they are counting on me coming to teach in the fall. Ever since my days at MSU and hearing about Y__T from my friend C_H_ it seemed like the ultimate far away place. I never thought that i would really go there. I thought that C_ was a closed door to me, as i hadn't heard anything from there in a long time. But now it seems like i am going. Wow- that is really scary. I am excited about what i would learn there, and it feels right to me, and i have good reasons to go. But i am scared about just how different Asia is. Europe seems normal to me. More normal to me in some ways than north america does. But asia seems definitely the "other" I am humbled and excited to learn from my K_ and C_ brothers and sisters.... but is this really real? is this happening?

When i opened that email is the first time it really hit me i wouldnt be in lithuania in the fall, to meet the new freshmen and to see how Maxim and Sergej and Kolja and Fabian and Eizens and so many other people i have come to know here would be doing. it is exactly the same feeling i felt about leaving traverse city to move to lansing, or leaving lansing to move to klaipeda. it should be no surprise that i feel the same way about leaving klaipeda. I really do think though that this is a place i will come back to. i know i am nomadic, but i am not that nomadic. you cant invest yourself in a place and country for 3 years, and leave it forever.

www.yust.edu

so iki pasimatymo Klaipedai :/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home