On the Journey

A journey through the world, through a small 27 year time span, and more importantly towards the beckoning yet elusive heart of God

8.17.2006


I'm going to Nashville, and that's a fact!

Sing that to the tune of "Jackson" by Johnny and June Cash, as was stuck in my head the whole last weekend while i was in Nashville. I have an interesting relationship now with Nashville- a city I had little to no relationship with only one year ago. I just returned from my second trip to Nashville to be in a wedding in 6 months.

For those of you from LCC, you may have heard that Taras Mikhailiuk got married this last weekend. It was funny to listen to all those southerners trying to pronounce "Mikhailiuk". Taras surely faces an interesting period of adjustments. Kelly, his wife, seems an amazing woman, and im glad to have met her. Its hard to think of a family MORE different from the typical Belarussian family. Huge, gregarious, precocious, welcoming, kisses and y'all's flying around- the loving gigantic X'n family from the deep south that i have heretofore only seen in movies. It was a gorgeous wedding- especially considering it was done on only 5 weeks notice!

I got to hang out with my good friend Doug, whose wedding i was best man in in March. I really appreciate Doug's commitment to me as a friend. it was a huge blessing as well to get to talk to his wife, Audrey, an up and coming X'n music star! Since, at their wedding, i was only introduced to Ashley at the wedding rehearsal (an odd position for a best man to be in), i was really blessed to get to talk more at length and to hear her heart. It was great to go on a long rainy walk with Doug in the woods as well- thats how I'll always remember him.


I also was very blessed to go to New Song X'n Fellowship again- a church that i know now quite a few people at actually, primarily contacts from Exodus, and to stay with my amazingly encouraging bro Josh Coy, and to see Curtis Baker again... Every hour i have spent in Nashville has been a great hour for me! So many things seem to be pointing toward the fact that i need to commit to a community, and i know there is good community in Nashville. But i really don't want to live there! I'm afraid to say that- because its just like Gd to send you somewhere you don't want to go, because He knows it will be good for you. So in the meantime I am going to C_na, and i don't have to decide about moving to Nashville, or anywhere else just yet...

1 Comments:

  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger Crystal said…

    Guess what song is now stuck in my head...thanks...thanks a lot! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home