On the Journey

A journey through the world, through a small 27 year time span, and more importantly towards the beckoning yet elusive heart of God

7.21.2006

I was digging through some boxes of old stuff today- i found some amazing pieces of correspondence- letter i had gotten from and written to a woman i dated, letters from old friends, hopes for ministry, accounts of spiritual warfare, postcards from missionary friends around the world, the letter i wrote to my friend David the night before i really gave my life to Ch_t with his helpful explanatory notes written on it, photos from my freshman year in college (i looked like such a dork then- maybe i can blame it on mid-90's fashion), linguistics notes, handouts from previous Exodus conferences, etc.... That is a great thing to do now and then. In addition to feeling a little shocked at how closely i was once walking with the Sp_t compared to now, and the fire of the passion of my heart for Ch_t, i unearthed two poems i had written, presented below.

I don't write poems very often, and the first one is actually a song. Every once in a while inspiration will hit me. You can get a pretty good idea of my heart i think in them. (you can tell I'm influenced by John Greenleaf Whittier)

Last night i went for a hike on the Platte Plains Trail, a 5km hike, which dead-ends on a deserted beach on Platte Bay, the wide sweep of the bay, with the views of the several hundred foot high Sleeping Bear Dunes and Empire Bluffs about 10 miles to the right, and Platte River Point and Point Betsie 9 miles to the right, a gorgeous setting sun into clear water with a flawless sandy bottom.

Gd knew what he was doing when he made northern michigan

Enjoy the poems if thats your thing

1 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Crystal said…

    I did the same thing when I moved...Allan did always say to write things down...God has used the things I have found from the past to remind me of where I have been so I can see more clearly where I am going.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home